GFWC Georgia’s 4TH Annual Day of Service Event
Join us for Annual Statewide Day of Service
Help a Ronald McDonald House in your area!
April 24, 2021 and April 23, 2022
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to donate items
GFWC Georgia will continue the Day of Service project during the 2020-2022 administration in conjunction with the GFWC Volunteers in Action Week. The purpose of the Day of Service is to be a visible, unified force in our state through work done in the local communities.
● Clubs choose a Ronald McDonald House to sponsor during the next two years.
● Save those tabs and shower your Ronald McDonald house with gallon jars of pop tabs.
● If you are unable to shop, buy a Kroger gift card for your local Ronald McDonald House.
● Check to see if your district would like to sponsor a project to address a specific need.
● There will be a special report form for this activity. It will be sent to the Membership Committee for judging.
● Descriptions of the project should include publicity, number of members participating, numbers of hours worked, cost if you used club money, dollars donated and the effect it had on Ronald McDonald House. Ronald McDonald homes are filled with more than help; they’re filled with hope!
Many families travel far from home and spend several weeks or months to get treatment for their seriously ill or injured children – a long time to be away or to divide a family. And, for children facing a serious medical crisis, nothing seems scarier than not having mom and dad close by for love and support. A Ronald McDonald House provides a place for families to call home so they can stay close to their hospitalized child at little to no cost. Houses are built on the simple idea that nothing else should matter when a family is focused on the health of their child – not where they can afford to stay, where they will get their next meal or where they will lay their head at night to rest. We believe that when a child is hospitalized the love and support of family is as powerful as the strongest medicine prescribed.